Tuesday, July 1, 2008

McCain preps for LatAm swing


Republican candidate John McCain spoke about free trade in Latin America while in Philadelphia.

McCain says he is an unyielding proponent of free trade and wants to convince those concerned about jobs that this will not affect their hunt for income.

"I understand it's very tough. But for me to give up my advocacy of free trade would be a betrayal of trust," he said. "And the most precious commodity I have with the American people is that they trust me."

The AP reports that McCain is beginning a three-day trip through Mexico and Colombia. McCain, a supporter of the North American Free Trade Agreement, says the trip is not political.

In Mexico he will speak about illegal immigration, which he told Latino leaders last Saturday would be his"top priority yesterday, today and tomorrow."

Source and Photo: AP

No comments: