Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Congrats to our contest winner!

A few weeks ago we held a contest where we asked you guys to explain what you like best about Latin American music in order to win a free CD of Colombian music. After sifting through many entries we have a winner! Here’s the winning essay:

Latin American music beautifies life in all its glory. The music speaks about the love, passion, tragedy, and misery that Latin American countries and people have experienced. One of my favorite Latin American groups is El Grupo Niche---whenever I hear the music, my soul is taken to another place, far far away, where the beat pulses through my veins and through my heart. Latin American music uplifts me, even in the worst of times---it makes me leave life's troubles behind and wisks me to a place in the depth of my soul where I sit, listen, breath, and love.

Congrats to Jessica Scanlan who will soon receive her copy of Nueva Colombia, a compilation album now on sale from Chonta Records. Thanks to Jessica for her excellent essay, Robert at Chonta Records for helping with the contest, and everyone who enjoys good music from musicians like Samuel Torres (who performed at the “Encuentro of Colombian Musicians” concert earlier this month):

No comments: